Test Automation Engineer
The Test Automation Engineer has primary responsibility for the design, building, testing, and deploying of effective test automation solutions to monitor and validate our agile software development cycle. We enjoy working smart and using “Save time” principles. We promote Automation testing and innovation technologies to save the most precious resource — your time.
He/ she will be part of the Product Solutions Development team in our mission to move towards faster delivery and eventually continuous delivery by standardizing our tools and processes. In this role you will work closely with the other teams and assist in keeping our test framework current as we move from Angular to ReAct for our UI. To be successful in this role you need to be communicative, have great interpersonal skills and have knowledge of and experience in agile development environments.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Within an Agile framework, collaborate with other team members to deliver compelling, high quality solutions via iterative sprint commitments.
- Uphold existing quality assurance and test standards and processes and be a champion in driving further improvement.
- Adhering to standards, design and develop effective automation tests that are reliable, scalable & provide consistent results.
- Create reusable methods as building blocks for tests.
- Innovate tools and processes to enable the team to test more effectively.
- Maintain and execute automation test suites.
- Preparation of cases and determining what should be tested and how (unit, component, integration, performance, etc.) and you create both automation
- and manual end to end tests
- Provide work estimates for work assigned.
- Execute test cases both automated and manual.
- Identify and raise risks as early as possible in the system development life cycle.
- Communicate and present test cases to team members.
- Work with other testers to complete testing within assigned deadlines.
- Identify, diagnose, and enter defects into the defect tracking system.
- Effectively communicate the nature of a software/hardware problem and the associated steps to reproduce the defect.
- Work closely with developers to resolve, and verify fixes when implemented.
- Configures desktop computer software and firmware as required for testing.
- Test a wide variety of technology for application and device management on platforms.
- Ability to apply basic configuration changes to testing environment.
- Readily learn new technologies and processes to complete test cases as needed.
- Position may require working some evening, weekend and holiday hours.
- May perform other duties as assigned by management.
Bachelor’s degree (B.E/ B Tech. Computer Science or Equivalent) from a four-year college or university, or equivalent, Masters a plus
- 3+ years of relevant QA and automation testing experience
- Knowledge of Testing SOA Based Applications
- Knowledge of or experience with test automation (Protractor/Mocha/NodeJS and Selenium)
- Experienced services test automation using any Framework e.g.: Jest, Jasmine, SoapUI, Rest Assured, Junit/TestNG.
- Good understanding of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) and automation tools in DevOps approach and AzureDevOps is a definite plus
- High level of attention to detail, creative problem solving, and capacity to work on a team.
- Familiarity working with scrum agile method of work
- Passion for research, problem solving, and high-quality deliverables.
- Positive, collaborative team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and a desire to continuously learn and improve.
- Experience with testing of Mobile Web, Mobile Hybrid, Mobile Native applications is a plus
- Experience in an environment with Cloud technologies, Micro services- oriented architecture and/or Containerization (Docker) is a plus
- Experience with software testing and/or software quality assurance.
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver.
- Working Knowledge of cross-browser testing.
- Experience with writing queries using SQL.
- Experience in Agile development practices