Test Automation Engineer
The Test Automation Engineer has primary responsibility for the design, building, testing, and deployment of effective test automation solutions to monitor and validate our agile software development cycle. We enjoy working smart and using “save time” principles. We promote automation testing and innovation technologies to save the most precious resource — your time.
He or she will be part of the Product Solutions Development team in our mission to move towards faster delivery and eventually continuous delivery by standardising our tools and processes. In this role, you will work closely with the other teams and assist in keeping our test framework current as we move from Angular to React for our UI. To be successful in this role, you need to be communicative, have great interpersonal skills, and have knowledge of and experience in agile development environments.
Roles and responsibilities
- Within an agile framework, collaborate with other team members to deliver compelling, high-quality solutions via iterative sprint commitments.
- Uphold existing quality assurance and testing standards and processes and be a champion in driving further improvement.
- Adhering to standards, design and develop effective automation tests that are reliable, scalable, and provide consistent results.
- Create reusable methods as building blocks for tests.
- Innovate tools and processes to enable the team to test more effectively.
- Maintain and execute automation test suites.
- Preparation of cases and determining what should be tested and how (unit, component, integration, performance, etc.), and you create both automation and manual end-to-end tests.
- Provide work estimates for the work assigned.
- Execute test cases, both automated and manual.
- Identify and raise risks as early as possible in the system development life cycle.
- Communicate and present test cases to team members.
- Work with other testers to complete testing within the assigned deadlines.
- Identify, diagnose, and enter defects into the defect tracking system.
- Effectively communicate the nature of a software or hardware problem and the associated steps to reproduce the defect.
- Work closely with developers to resolve and verify fixes when they are implemented.
- Configures desktop computer software and firmware as required for testing.
- Test a wide variety of technologies for application and device management on platforms.
- Ability to apply basic configuration changes to the testing environment
- Readily learn new technologies and processes to complete test cases as needed.
- The position may require working some evening, weekend, and holiday hours.
- May perform other duties as assigned by management.
A bachelor’s degree (B.E. or B.Tech. in computer science or equivalent) from a four-year college or university, or equivalent, a master’s degree is a plus.
- 3+ years of relevant QA and automation testing experience
- Knowledge of Testing SOA-Based Applications
- Knowledge of or experience with test automation (Protractor, Mocha, NodeJS, and Selenium)
- Experienced services test automation using any framework, e.g., Jest, Jasmine, SoapUI, Rest Assured, Junit, or TestNG.
- A good understanding of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) and automation tools in the DevOps approach and Azure DevOps is a definite plus.
- High level of attention to detail, creative problem-solving, and capacity to work on a team.
- Familiarity working with the scrum agile method of work
- Passion for research, problem-solving, and high-quality deliverables.
- Positive, collaborative team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and a desire to continuously learn and improve.
- Experience with testing mobile web, mobile hybrid, and mobile native applications is a plus.
- Experience in an environment with cloud technologies, microservices-oriented architecture, and/or containerization (Docker) is a plus.
- Experience with software testing and/or software quality assurance.
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver.
- Working knowledge of cross-browser testing.
- Experience with writing queries using SQL.
- Experience with Agile development practices