Macros In Salesforce
Macro is the tool that automates the repetitive task that a User is doing in Salesforce. The user needs to add the Macros to the Utility to use it.
Macros supported on objects that have feed-based layout and Quick Actions.
Actions that macros can do are:
1. Sending an Email (Including Templates and attachments)
2. Creates a task or event or logs a call.
3. Can edit the Case Status.
1. Appropriate Permissions on the Macros Object.
2. Adding the Macros to the Utility
3. For bulk macros, “Run macros on the multiple records” system permission is required.
Specific actions that are done by Macros cannot be undone. These Macros are called Irreversible Macros.
Irreversible actions that Macro does are:
- Sending an Email
- Creating an Event.
- The Actions that have the submit button on the Instructions.
For service users to close a case, they will be sending out an email and changing the status to “Closed”. If done manually, it will take a specific time. So, if the user is leveraging Macro on that use case, they can do that in the single click for all the instances manually every time for every case.
Permissions required for Macros:
- Read, edit, or create permission on the Macro Object. Delete if required.
2. Run Macros on Multiple Records for the bulk Macros.
To use Macro in any application, add the Macros to the Utility items for the selected app in App Manager.
Step 1: Navigate to the setup and open App Manager.
Step 2: Click on the edit option on the drop-down menu for which app the macros is required.
Step 3: Click on the Utility section.
Step 4: In the search bar, type macros and select macros.
Step 5: After adding the Macros to the utility section, Click on save
After Macro runs:
After the Macro runs, we can see that the email is sent to the case contact, status is updated to working and edited the description field.
Macro can also be used for Quick Text. Quick Text is a feature that can be used to save the text that the user is often using to reduce the time taken to enter the text manually.
The Macros and Quick Text combine, a great tool that reduces the time taken to complete the redundant task that a user is doing in Salesforce.
To watch the video on how to create Macros, Click Here.
Keyboard Shortcut to Open Macro Utility – Press “m”.
For More Shortcuts, Click Here!
About the author: Yogeeswaran